Attempting to catch up and be current on all bills

I have worked hard this year attempting to catch up and be current on all bills. To the most part, I’ve been successful and am meeting at least the minimums.

However – my problem: Chase. I cannot catch up no matter what steps I try to take because I am assessed a late charge ($30) and overlimit charge ($30) each month. This has added an extra $ 500 to my account and it’s a revolving circle. I have attempted to speak to them by phone but was unable to work with them at all. They are outsourced to India and I’m thinking maybe they don’t have the authority or even the knowledge? I’m sure they are just trying to get the money but they are unable to understand what my problem is. Anyway, then I wrote a letter to Chase with a check for $100 asking them to suspend my late/overlimit charges for a few months. They wrote back saying they couldn’t find the check (??). I sent them another check but nothing.

Could anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thank you.

I wish I had an answer for you, but I don’t.
I was in the same position making at least the minimum.
I guess with the new change in higher payments it is at least getting you further along in reducing the debt.
It doesn’t help though when these Cc co’s tack on that late fee and over limit fee.
I had that fee so long even though I had never gone over the limit. With higher interest and some late fees and the compounded interest
I was in the CREDIT CARD TRAP!

It is not easy to get out of because these Cc co’s will hold you hostage with these fees if you are unable to pay the balance. It’s unfair and predatory and it’s all legal thanks to the US Congress who won’t crack down on these predators.

Assistance needed before small claims court date

I have a dental bill that I was unable to pay. They quickly turned it over to a collection agency. This agency kept calling me a work even though I told them personal phone calls were not allowed and I could get in trouble for them.

Then they served me with court documents, by leaving them with a teenage member of my staff to give to me when I arrived for my shift. What I want to know is can I write the collection agency a letter offering a payment, and then a payment plan to avoid going to court? I am in California and am not sure of the rules on any of this. Also the original bill was $855, and the collection agency says with their fees it is now $2435. Can they do this?

Six months without using our credit cards, that is. We have been able to live on our means without using a credit card just to get us through the month. It’s still a long road ahead of us, but this is good for us.

I guess I gotta to File

Well.. I guess I need to file. I will do this on my own with no lawyer. I am in KANSAS. Someone told me that the court picks what you can file and that they can lock you up if they suspect any monkey biz ect also that for 10 years it will haunt you .ect ect I need to complety wipe out my old Bills. Chapter & ? rigth ? You can email me direct. as I dont get to the internet eveyday to check the digest.

You can call the Kansas BAnkruptcy court and they will have a list of docs andmaybe a webiste that you cna print docs off of, also their list should tell you what needs to be filed, there are books inthe library that will tll you what schedules to put various property and bills on… I think the only hard part is if you have a house you may want to get a lwayer before filing but if you rent and have a car loan you should be able to handle, I ve doen it myself twice.

You file for bankruptcy in federal district court in Kansas. I assume there is only one jurisdiction. You may have to deal with state bankruptcy and creditor law if applicable. It should be easy. It usually has to do with what you can shield from bankruptcy. A house where you reside not over a set valuation. You can get help from the court clerks. If there is a law school that you can access(Most are federal repositories and must allow people in)the law librarians I have observed really help people who are forced to go pro se. I used to be jealous of all the attention the public got. All they would tell me was where something was located. Of course, they can show you the law and what papers to file but no one is going to give you personal advice the way a lawyer would. I am on disability right now with a minimal income. I would still see a lawyer. Peace of mind is essential.